1. View your diamond under a high quality microscope with a diamond expert who can show you how your diamond matches its grading report.
2. View a selection of diamonds in different lighting conditions placed next to each other so that you can see the difference in fire, brightness, scintillation and luster.
3. Insist on only a GIA or Forevermark Diamond Grading Report with an inscription.
4. Insist on a responsibly sourced finely crafted hand-set ring manufactured in North America with a lifetime warranty on defects.
5. Don’t buy Online for the following reasons:
A. You cannot determine a diamond's luster or beauty without viewing it.
B. You cannot determine whether the diamond falls high or low region within each grade. In other words, for example, is it a good SI1 or a weak SI1?
C. If the diamond turns out to be disappointing it is a major hassle to return.
D. You cannot determine whether the diamond’s fluorescence affects its beauty without viewing it. A grading report makes no determination for whether the fluorescence causes oily or haziness in the diamond.
6. Insist on a Lifetime Warranty including a grade guarantee, a trade-in guarantee, and including a no hassle refund so that you can insist on a second opinion.
7. Don’t risk buying from a company without the best reputation.